Reading Time: < 1 minute
Can you figure out the answers to the following questions?
* Diwali is a national holiday in India. Name the other nations where it is also a national holiday (Hint: There are 10!)
* Does Deepavali mean ‘row of lamps’ or ‘string of lanterns’?
* How much does India spend each year at Diwali on fireworks?
* When is Diwali celebrated each year?
* What other religious groups celebrate Diwali in India, apart from Hindus?
* Which southern Indian town produces the bulk of the country’s firecrackers for Diwali?
* Playing cards during Diwali is part of celebrations in which Indian metropolis?
* What type of oil is traditionally used in oil lamps lit during Diwali?
* Why do Jains celebrate Diwali?
* What special significance does Diwali have in the business world?
To check your answers, click here