Reading Time: 2 minutes
View the answers to the Diwali quiz below
* Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu
* Mustard oil
* The total cost of the firecrackers exploded in Diwali is estimated to be around one billion dollars
* Trinidad and Tobago, Myanmar, Nepal, Mauritius, Guyana, Singapore, Surinam, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and Fiji.
* Businesses start new accounting books on this day – traditionally, it is the start of the new financial year.
* Deepavali means ‘row of lamps’. Deep (light) – avali (row)
* Jains and Sikhs
* Diwali is celebrated according to the lunar calendar, on the 15th day of the Hindu lunar month of Kartika
* Lord Mahavira attained nirvana on this day
- Click here to match your answers to the questions