Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be making the inaugural address at the India Global Week 2020 today 9 July, his first speech to a global audience in the post COVID-19 era.
In Australia, the address can be heard at 6.00pm.
Entitled #BeTheRevival: India & A Better New World, the event brings together over 5,000 global participants across +75 sessions and +250 speakers for discussion and debate over three days.
The virtual conference exploring business, strategic and cultural opportunities is the brainchild of Manoj Ladwa, Founder and CEO of India Inc. Group, the UK-headquartered media house behind flagship publications ‘India Global Business’ and the recently-launched diaspora news network ‘iGlobal’.
Presentations at the event will cover country-specific sessions aimed to forge better ties with India, and include five separate streams – US, UK, Japan, Singapore and Australia.
The Australia stream is spearheaded by Dipen Rughani, founder and CEO of Newland Global Group (NGG), a corporate advisory firm based in Sydney which aims at simplifying and strengthening trade and investment between Australia and India.
Indian Link is media partner.
High-profile speakers from India include External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar, Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal, IT & Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad and Skills Minister Mahendra Nath Pandey.
Speakers from Australia include Indian High Commissioner Gitesh Sarma, Peter Varghese and Harinder Sidhu (former Australian High Commissioners to India), and industry leaders from a variety of fields (see details below).
Partners from Australia include Asia Society Australia, Australia India Business Council, Asialink Business, Queensland Government, Government of Victoria, Indian Link, Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA, and Australia India Institute, New Delhi.
Other conference highlights include a special address by the Prince of Wales; Dr Shashi Tharoor; Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, and actor Kunal Nayyar, of ‘The Big Bang Theory’ fame, in conversation with Sadhguru, Founder of Isha Foundation.
Among cultural presentations, the highlights include a special “Atmanirbhar Bharat” performance by classical Indian danseuse Madhu Nataraj as well as a 100th birth anniversary tribute concert in memory of Indian sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar.
IGW 2020 Australia Stream speakers
- Gitesh Sarma, India’s High Commissioner to Australia
- Peter Varghese AO, Chancellor of The University of Queensland, Former Secy, Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade, Aus HC to India, Author India Economic Strategy 2035 (IES2035)
- Anil Wadhwa, Author, Australia Economic Strategy (AES), Former Secy, MEA East (India)
- Rama Bijapurkar, India’s most respected thought leaders on market strategy and India’s consumer economy
- Navdeep Suri of ORF, Former Indian HC in Australia
- Prof. Rory Medcalf, Professor and Head of the National Security College at the Australian National University
- Harinder Sidhu, Deputy Secretary in the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and Australia’s former High Commissioner to India and Ambassador to the Kingdom of Bhutan
- Melissa Conley Tyler, Director, Asialink Diplomacy
- Dr.Christiane Hamacher, CEO BIOCON Biologics
- Michael Sharpe, National Director – Industry at Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre
- Dr. Vanessa Guthrie, Former Chair of the Minerals Council of Australia
- Joe Kaderavek CEO, CobaltBlue
- John Madew Head of Mining and Resources, Australian Trade and Investment Commission (AUSTRADE);
- Prof Rajesh Chadha Program Director, Natural Resources Brookings India
- Mustafa Ghouse CEO, JSW Sports
- Steve Waugh Former Cricketer
- Dr. GK Harinath Former Chairman and Board Member of Cricket NSW, Board Member of Cricket Australia, Chairperson – Multicultural NSW.