With this policy statement, Indian Link (“we”, “us”, “our”) expresses its deep commitment towards protecting your privacy when you engage with us, our content, or services. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988
This policy explains how Indian Link handles your personal information. It also outlines how we may collect, use, and disclose information about you or your use of our content or services.
Your privacy matters to us, so whether you are new to Indian Link or are a long-time user, please take the time to get to know our practices.
Defining Personal Information
In simple terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, gender, postcode, and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) and financial information (credit card, direct debit or PayPal account information).
Personal information that we collect and store
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- email address
- telephone number
- any additional information (for example – payment information) necessary to deliver services described on our Classifieds website and to respond to your enquiries
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our website or online presence through Indian Link representatives or otherwise;
Tracking traffic may include logging your IP address to find out whether you are a new user or a returning user, what device you use to access our site (for example – mobile/laptop), what areas of the Indian Link website you visit and how much time you spend on the page.
This information is useful to us because we can report statistics, analyse trends, administer our content, and diagnose problems. This is also done so that we may perform better with knowledge of user insights and improve the quality of content delivered to our readers.
Please note that this information does not constitute personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else, the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply and we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
How we collect personal information
Most of the personal information we collect is when you directly provide us with the same unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so. We do this in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website, apps or sending text messages/emails to us
- through someone else who has provided us with your information with your consent or for given us your contact details for interviewing purposes
- during conversations between you and our journalists
- when you post a listing on our Classifieds website
- we may also collect personal information from third parties including: third party companies such as government agencies and entities, advertisers, mailing lists, contractors and business partners
Reasons for collecting, storing, using and disclosing personal information
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities and functions and to provide you with the best possible quality of user experience.
We collect, store, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with content
- To communicate with you
- To conduct competitions
- Administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning, content development, quality control and research purposes, or those of our contractors or external service providers; as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act)
How Do We Disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to our employees and related bodies like corporate, partnerships, joint venture entities, contractors or external service providers for the operation of our websites or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and otherwise provide products and services to you, including without limitation,
- our existing or potential agents and/or business partners;
- our sponsors, or promoters of any competition that we conduct or promote via our services;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- the police
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
Email Direct Marketing
While Indian Link sends tailored content in the form of our weekly e-newsletter to our email subscribers, we may also send direct marketing communications via email/SMS/Facebook messages after you have provided us with your details/signed up with us/liked us on Facebook.
In addition, at any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (details below) or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link). We will then ensure that your name is removed from our contact list. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purpose of direct marketing unless expressly authorised by you.
If you receive communications from us that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us using the details provided below.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may request access to any personal information we store about you at any time by contacting us (details below).
Complaining about a breach of privacy
We will treat your requests or grievances confidentially and aim to resolve them in a timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Indian Link Media Group
Post: GPO Box 108
Sydney NSW 2001
Tel: 02 92901855
Indian Link will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we store. Please let us know immediately if you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third-party website. Third-party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.