The reason Nildhara Gadani is standing for council elections
I stood for council election in 2016 as well. It was a great learning experience for me. I am running for the council election for the below reasons:
- I believe the voices of migrants, especially women migrants, are under-represented in my council. I want to change this.
- I believe there is work to be done to make our community even more beautiful, safe, and prosperous.
Why people should vote for me
I want people to vote for me because I have the right skills, experience, and passion for the role.
- For the last 5 years, I have been actively involved in the community work within my council.
- I am also a successful small business owner of two businesses – Your Career Down Under (a career coaching service) and a local arts and dance school
- I am an educator and trainer in Early Childhood Education (education is a great passion of mine and love to help people reach their potential)
My contribution to the community
I have extensive experience across a range of community activities, giving me the skills needed to be an effective member of Whitehorse Council.
- Committee member of Vermont South Community Centre and Whitehorse Interfaith Network
- Founder of Australia India Women Entrepreneurs Forum – a network dedicated to help migrant women establish and build their business
- Lions Club of Vermont South (Festivals and Fundraising Assistance)
- Committee Member of the Whitehorse Business Group for several years
- I have also recently worked with the Department of Health and Human Services, as part of their COVID-19 Community Engagement Team
If elected, my post-pandemic key goals will be to
- Driving economic revival will be the foremost important issue
- Engaging kids and young people in the community
- Creating employment opportunities for the residents