Cooking Expert, Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi shares some traditional Indian favourites for Ramadan fast. The holy month of Ramadan has started, but this year the celebrations are subdued due to the ongoing crisis. However, you can still make the celebration high during the lockdown with these simple yet different recipes at the safety of your homes.
Chutney wala Kheema Anda
Prep. Time: 10-15 Min.
Cook Time: 20-25 Min.
- Oil 1 Tbsp
- Butter 2 Tbsp
- Onions Chopped2
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 Tbsp
- Green chilli paste 1 Tbsp
- Tomato Chopped 1
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala 2 Tsp
- Red Chilli Powder 1 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder ½ Tsp
- Lamb Mince 250 Gms
- Eggs 4
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Lemon slice for garnish
- For Chutney:
- Mint leaves 1 Cup
- Coriander leaves 1½ Cup
- Green chillies 3-4
- Lemon juice 1
- Water as required
- Heat oil and butter in kadai add onion and sauté till onion browns.
- Meanwhile In a blender add mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies, lemon juice and water and blend to a fine paste. Keep it aside.
- When onions are brown add ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste and sauté for 2 min.
- Add chopped tomato, salt and sauté for 2 min.
- Add garam masala, red chilli powder, and turmeric powder mix well.
- Add kheema, mix well and cook for 8-10 min.
- Add green chutney and eggs. Leave the eggs as it is and cook for 4-5 min.
- Mix all together well and cook for 3-4 min.
- Remove in serving plates.
- Garnish with mint leaves sprig and lemon slice.
- Serve hot.
Chef ki Chefgiri: Mutton/Goat Meat is leanest among all red meat available to us.
Chana Dal Kheema
Prep. Time: 15min.
Cook Time: 20-25min.
- Split bengal gram(chana dal), soaked 1 Cup
- Chicken mince (keema) 500 Gms
- Oil for cooking
- Onion chop(medium) 1 No.
- Cloves 4-5 No.
- Black pepper whole 4-5 No.
- Tej patta 3-4 No.
- Green chillies chopped 2 No.
- Turmeric powder ½ Tsp.
- Red chilli powder 1½ Tsp.
- Coriander powder 1 Tbsp.
- Cumin powder ½ Tsp.
- Garam masala 1 Tsp.
- Ginger and garlic paste 2 Tsp.
- Curd1 Cup
- Ghee 2-3 Tbsp.
- Mint leaves ½ Cup
- Lemon juice 1 No.
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in non-stick pan. Add cloves, black pepper and tejpatta sauté till you get a fragrance. Add chopped chilies, chop onion sauté till 3-4min.
- Add soaked chana dal sauté it well.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder,cumin powder, garam masala and salt.
- Add water and ginger garlic paste, mix it well. Cover with lid and cook for 15-20min.
- Take out the lid add chicken kheema mix well.
- Add curd, garam masala, ghee, mint leaves, lemon juice sauté for a while.
- Cover the pan and cook chi. for 10-15min.
- Remove cover mix it well, Take out chana dal chicken in serving bowl garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
With these amazing recipes by Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi you can enjoy your Ramadan meal with your loved ones.
READ ALSO: Easy recipes for your Iftaar meal