Reading Time: 3 minutes
Where to eat, shop and play Indian style in Sydney
You know them as doctors, taxi drivers, gas station attendants, IT guys, international students, Parramatta residents… and the nerdy kids at your children’s school who manage to do well at sport as well as public speaking. Jai Hos.
But, how well do you know Sydney’s Indian community?
Top 20 places to eat Indian food in Sydney:
1. Urban Tadka – 321 Mona Vale Road, Terrey Hills
2. Abhi’s Indian Restaurant – 163 Concord Rd, North Strathfield
3. Manjit’s Indian Restaurant – 360 Darling St, Balmain
4. Nilgiri’s – 81 Christie Street, St Leonards
5. Maya Tandoori – Level 1/472 Cleveland St, Surry Hills
6. Zaaffraan – Level 2, 10 Darling Drive, Harbourside Centre, Darling Harbour
7. Thousand Spices – 23 The Crescent, Homebush
8. Bijolias – Shop 5/540, Sydney Road (opposite Commonwealth Bank), Seaforth
9. Mantra and Dragon House Indo-Chinese – 1037 Victoria Rd, West Ryde
10. Maharaja’s Haveli – 14 Douglas Rd, Quakers Hill
11. Castle Taj – 12 / 3-9 Terminus St, Castle Hill
12. Indian Fusion – 114 Yarrara Rd, Pennant Hills
13. Kings Indian – 40 Phillip St, Parramatta
14. Anjappar Chettinad – 104, Church Street, Parramatta
15. Hyderabad House – 21 Hassall St, Parramatta
16. Billu’s – 62 Wigram St, Harris Park
17. Taj – 91 Wigram St, Harris Park
18. Maya Vegetarian – 470, Cleveland St. Surry Hills
19. Durga Paan & falooda House – 3/14-20 Station St E, Harris Park
20. Manjit’s Concord Function Centre – 138-144 Majors Bay Road, Concord
WANT TO WIN A DINNER FOR TWO AT AWARD WINNING URBAN TADKA RESTAURANT?*
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with Urban Tadka in the subject line and your name to be in the draw.
Winner will be announced on our Facebook page on June 12.
Urban Tadka is the winner of Savour Australia – 2013 Award for Excellence, nominated for Chef’s Hat (Australian Good Food and Travel Guide).
Guide to shopping in an Indian grocery
Top Indian-Australian charity organisations
Did someone say Bollywood? The B-word in Sydney
Top upcoming Indian events in Sydney
Whether you’re an Indophile or not, you’ll find something of interest in this list of events from the Indian community’s annual social calendar. Come join us as smear coloured powder on each other, or light a lamp to mark our new year and try out your light-bulb moves on the dance floor.
Top places to worship in Sydney
Fun fact: Why do Hindus worship cows?
Here’s a rational answer to this question…